By the Issues
- C2ES. The Center for Climate Change and Energy Solutions is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, which was founded in 1998. It advances strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively
- Environmental Protection Network. EPA has advanced the protection of the air, water, and land through core programs and actions that underpin its mission to protect public health and the environment. Today, those protections are under siege. EPN is a group of volunteers with backgrounds in environmental programs at the federal, state, local and tribal levels. It provides relevant facts and objective analysis to the public, policy-makers, and the media in support of the structure and operation of EPA environmental programs including air, budget, regulatory rollback, science, water, and toxins. Also see their Facebook page.
- Neighbors Combating Climate Change. This neighborhood group is located in Cathedral Heights, D.C. Its mission statement is: "We are committed to informing ourselves and our communities regarding climate change and other environmental challenges we all face. We seek to engage our communities both locally and nationally in progressive and beneficial ways regarding these environmental and climate challenges." Contact: Holly Pollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peoples Climate Movement. The Peoples Climate Movement works for climate, jobs, and justice. It's approach is to organize "people power in the streets and showing up in the halls and chambers of power." It sponsored the People's Climate Movement March in April 2017, organizes protests on Capitol Hill and at EPA, and is holding a Global Climate Action Summit in San Francisco in September 2018. Check out its Facebook page for information on its past and upcoming events.
- Save EPA. This is a volunteer organization made up of retired and former employees of the Environmental Protection Agency. Members have expertise in environmental science, law, and policy. They are using their collective expertise to educate and advocate about environmental science, environmental protections, and the current Administration’s assault on EPA and our public health. Also see their Facebook page.
- 350. 350 uses online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions to oppose new coal, oil and gas projects, take money out of the companies that are heating up the planet, and build clean energy solutions. 350's network extends to 188 countries and includes many U.S.-based climate change campaigns and actions.
- Capital Area Immigrants' Rights Coalition (CAIR). Work with and for the immigrant men, women, and children facing detention and deportation. Services include legal representation, educational outreach, impact and advocacy work, and the training of attorneys who defend immigrants in the immigration and criminal justice arenas.
- Latin American Youth Center (LAYC). A partner of Neighbors Rising, this organization empowers a diverse population of low-income youth to "achieve a successful transition to adulthood through multi-cultural, comprehensive, and innovative programs that address youths' social, academic and career needs." It has four sites in Washington D.C. and Maryland.
- Neighbors Rising. This local group supports low-income neighbors who have been made more vulnerable by the increase of anti-immigrant and anti-other sentiments. The group: (1) supports partner organizations that are improving the lives of immigrant families and (2) facilitates collaborative giving in the DC-MD metro area. Specific services include: conducting house parties for friends and neighbors to learn about how partner organizations help people in need; promoting donation drives, and making Listserv announcements about events and opportunities to help immigrant neighbors.
- Identity. A partner of Neighbors Rising, this organization creates opportunities for Latino and other low-income youth in Montgomery County, MD to realize their full potential as successful adults by improving their social and emotional learning skills, achieve academic success and prepare for work.
- Southeast Immigrant Freedom Initiative. Led by the Southern Poverty Law Center, this group provides pro bono legal representation to immigrants detained in the southeastern United States.
- Spread the Vote. Voter fraud is a myth. Voter Suppression is real. Voting is the right of every American. This organization helps American obtain the voter IDs they need, and provides volunteer opportunties.