Charles Allen, Ward 6 City Councilman, has organized a group called #HandsOFFDC to tell Representative Jason Chaffetz (House Oversight and Government Reform Committee) not to veto our DC laws (e.g., Death with Dignity, abortion rights, gun control, Sanctuary City status). Here are five actions you can take:
- Post on social media why Congress should keep #HandsOff DC.
- Put a sign in your home or business to remind Congress to keep #HandsOff DC.
- Call Congressman Jason Chaffetz and tell him to keep #HandsOff DC: DC office: 202-225-7751. Utah office: 801-851-2500.
- Write an op/ed in a local paper of a member of Congress. Pick one!
- Write a letter to any member on the House Oversight and Government Report Committee.
- Download the list of actions and share it with your friends and relatives.
For more information, go to the #HandsOff DC FaceBook page.